The latest Version 3 12" Truss-Tube design Ritchey Chretien telescope with ideal optical and engineering.
- a more rigid outer skeleton using Carbon Fibre rods in a Surrier Truss configuration
- new independent mirror / focuser backplate supports, and independent tilt collimation
- Open design promotes air-flow around the optics for faster temperature equalisation and virtually no tube currents which plaque SCTs and other scopes. What's more, laminar flow currents over the optics (micro-seeing currents) are drastically reduced. The result is an amazing planetary imaging performer, despite the large secondary obstruction.
- 2432mm focal length to reveal detailed structures in challenging deep sky objects such as galaxies and planetary nebulae, whilst keeping overall weight of the optical tube very low
- Fuzed quartz optics with enhanced 99% reflective coatings give rapid temperature equalisation *
- 3x rear 12v cooling fans which can be powered by batteries, a Kendrick Digifire Dew Controller 12v outlet, or a 12v DC power port such as found on the iOptron CEM60 mount.
- Large secondary to minimise vignetting which will easily illuminate a full size CCD sensor
- Centre-spotted secondary mirror for easy collimation
- Both primary and secondary mirrors can be independently collimated for the best performance unlike a Schmidt Cassegrain
- Focuser backplate can be independently adjusted for tilt, relative to the rear and front mirror cells (allowing independently tilt adjustment of the focuser).
- 3x Rear 12v cooling fans which can be driven from batteries, your Kendrick Digifire Dew Controller 12v outlet, or a 12v DC power source like on your iOptron CEM60 mount or just a battery pack.
- 2x Losmandy plates on top and bottom
- Finder mount accepting Lightwave finder bracket
- Special double layer cross-weave Neoprene shroud made in the UK, allowing good airflow, whilst blocking out stray light and dust **
- 3x Focuser extension rings. 2x 25mm and 1x 50mm extension ring fitting between focuser and OTA to adjust backfocus**
- 3" Linear Bearing Crayford focuser included as standard, able to carry a medium size CCD camera with OAG, or DSLR (for heavy cameras and filter wheels, you can upgrade to a Starlight Feathertouch 3.0" Focuser).
- 285mm back focus for any accessory including spectrographs
- Weight: 19.5kg without focuser, approx 20.5kg with standard 3" linear bearing focuser
- Optional dew heater and camera tilt adjuster available
Your choice of iOptron, SkyVision, Skywatcher or Bisque observatory mount.
* An improved surface accuracy now available with dielectric coating.
** These essential accessories are included in the price and last time we checked are worth well over £200 if bought separately. Always check.
Availability: We order these scopes each month, but sometimes there is a wait for the next shipment, because they are often presold. Click the notify when in stock button for and email update.