This is a high quality 102mm aperture Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope that sits atop Celestron's SLT mount. The Star Location Telescope (SLT) range has been a customer favourite for years thanks to its unique combination of high-quality optics, a user-friendly computerised interface, and a sturdy single fork arm mount.
This telescope comes with a pre-assembled, adjustable stainless-steel tripod, quick release fork arm, NexStar+ computerised hand control, 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain optical tube, and lots of bonus accessories.
The entire telescope kit weighs in at just 16 pounds. The simple, no-tool assembly and fast SkyAlign alignment procedure will have you ready to observe in minutes. This makes NexStar 102SLT your perfect companion for impromptu observing sessions and all-night stargazing marathons alike.
Your NexStar 102SLT will reveal details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, the polar caps on Mars, Jupiter and its four moons, and Saturn with its rings plainly visible. It can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope for daytime and wildlife observations.
Computerised AltAzimuth Mount – The NexStar SLT telescope features a single fork arm altazimuth mount, which allows the telescope to track the desired objects as they appear to move across the night sky. The mount sits on a pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod.
NexStar+ Hand Control – This computerized hand control enables you to automatically slew to any of 40,000 celestial objects with the push of a button. The NexStar+ database includes more than 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. Not sure what to observe? Choose the Sky Tour feature and the NexStar+ hand control will automatically generate a list of all the best celestial objects currently visible based on your exact time and location.
SkyAlign Technology – Our proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure makes setting up and using a computerized telescope faster and easier than ever before. Point the telescope at three bright objects in the sky, and the telescope can triangulate its position and locate any other object in the sky automatically. You don’t need to know the names of the stars—you can even pick the Moon or bright planets! For more information about our SkyAlign technology, visit here.
Power – Go anywhere! Feel free to enjoy your NexStar SLT in remote dark sky locations—it’s powered by 8 AA batteries (not included) or a PowerTank portable battery (sold separately). The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs. You may also power your telescope with a 12V AC adapter (sold separately).
Accessories Included - Your telescope includes a StarPointer™ red dot finderscope, a star diagonal, and two eyepieces (25mm and 9mm). The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low- or high-powered observing. The star diagonal provides a right-side-up view and a more comfortable viewing angle when looking up at the sky. The StarPointer™ red dot finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing.
NexStar 102SLT is ready to grow with you as you become a more experienced amateur astronomer. It’s compatible with all Celestron’s latest accessories, including StarSense AutoAlign, SkyPortal WiFi module, and PowerTank Lithium.
Starry Night Software - Your purchase includes a FREE download of Celestron’s Starry Night. This powerful software will help you learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
- Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 102mm (4.04")
- Focal Length: 1325mm (52.16")
- Focal Ratio: f/12
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (.98")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 53x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 9mm (.35")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 147x
- Finderscope StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification 241x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 15x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12.5
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 1.37 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 1.14 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 212x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 35mm (1.37")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area 12%
- Optical Coatings Fully-coated
- Optical Tube Length 381mm (15")
- Optical Tube Diameter 116.84mm (4.6")
- Optical Tube Weight 6 lbs (2.7kg)
- Dovetail CG-5 Dovetail bar
- MOUNT INFO:
- Mount Type Computerised Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Instrument load capacity 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod) 762mm - 1270mm (30" - 50")
- Tripod Leg Diameter 31.75mm (1.25") steel
- Mount Head Weight 5 lbs (2.3kg)
- Accessory Tray Yes
- Tripod Weight 5 lbs (2.3kg)
- Slew Speeds Nine slew speeds
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- GPS No
- Dovetail Compatibility CG-5 saddle plate
- Number of Auxiliary ports 1x Aux port | 1x hand control port (hand control can use either port)
- Autoguide port No
- USB Port Yes, Input on hand control
- Power Requirements 12 VDC - 8xAA Batteries (not included)
- Motor Drive Computerised Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Alignment Procedures SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Periodic Error Correction No
- Computerized Hand Control Yes
- NexStar+ Database Over 40,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- Software Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software | SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight 16 lbs (7.3 kg)
- Included Items Optical Tube | Single Fork Arm Mount & Tripod | Accessory Tray| NexStar+ Hand Control | 25mm & 9mm eyepiece | StarPointer™ red dot finderscope | Star Diagonal